This is a very truthful and powerful poem by Melanie Blackwell.
I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award! Thanks to Melanie over at Wordiful for her nomination! This is a way for small bloggers to give recognition to other, small bloggers (200 followers or less). Here’s how it works:
Copy & Paste This Whole Post and Replace All Your Information — who awarded you, for example.
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag backs meaning you can’t just re nominate the person who nominated you.
As Solo the First put it “The real purpose behind these nominations are not only as an accolade from a fellow blogger and let’s face it, nothing gently strokes our little writer hearts more than someone telling you they appreciate your work. In addition to the back patting we need to receive from time to time, it also allows us to get a little more personal as we get to know our increasing blogging community. It also helps drive traffic to your site as we reference one another.”
The questions put forth to me (with my answers) are as follows:
1. What is your favorite novel?
This is terrible, but I don’t read much fiction. Don’t get me wrong, I love it but I prefer to write fiction rather than read it. Recently, I did read The Catcher in the Rye and I really enjoyed it. I think that I like period pieces but honestly, I probably like anything that I can finish in less than 6 months. I’m a busy mom and stuff.
2. Who is your favorite fictional character?
Beatrix Kiddo from Kill Bill, the woman is fierce and justified!
3. What is your favorite movie?
Anything from Quentin Tarantino. I loved Django!
4. What is you favorite way to relax?
A glass of pinot noir and half a bar of dark chocolate
5. What is your favorite song and/or band currently?
When the Morning Comes by Delta Rae. Anyone that has read my blog will understand why I love this song.
6. What was your favorite song and/or band during your teenage years?
When I was a teenager I was a grungy hippy. I listened to a lot of classic rock, Ozzy and Bad Company.
7. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
8. What is your favorite color?
9. What makes you smile or laugh no matter what?
My crazy kids.
10. Where have you always wanted to go but haven’t yet?
San Francisco. I’m trying to convince my husband to move there after grad school. I’m keeping my fingers crossed!
11. Finish this sentence: ” I wish…………”
…I had a billy-goat. They’re freakin’ hilarious!
Here are my nominations (Check them out!!):
Here are my 11 questions:
1. Coke or Pepsi?
2. If you chose to legally change your name, what would it be?
3. What is your hobby or pastime?
4. Would you rather go back in time 1,000 years and see history or live 1,000 and experience the future?
5. If you could have lunch with 1 living famous person, who would it be?
6. If you could have a conversation with 1 deceased person (famous or not), who would it be?
7. Cats or dogs?
8. Would you prefer to live in cooler climates with longer winters or warmer climates with longer summers?
9. What is your dream vacation?
10. What is 1 topic that you are tired of hearing about?
11. What’s the one thing that would make you really, really happy right now?